We’re looking for a Support Engineer for our growing development team. This is an entry-level engineering role on our team, and we view it as a path to a senior role in Engineering, Customer Success or Professional Services. The idea is to get familiarity with our application and how our customers use it while expanding your knowledge of front-end and back-end coding by tackling bugs and other issues that arise, on your own where appropriate but with guidance whenever necessary. It is a customer-facing role, so professionalism and strong communication are musts.
What you will do:
- Providing customers with technical support via desktop solutions, chat functions, emails, and calls.
- Troubleshooting IT issues by asking customers targeted questions.
- Prioritizing customer queries and escalating serious technical issues.
- Documenting error reports and monitoring performance metrics.
- Replicating, documenting and filing bugs.
- Fixing bugs directly in front-end and back-end code where possible; enlisting help from other developers when necessary.
- Compiling documentation and useful support resources.
- Proactively identifying common support issues and proposing/designing solutions to reduce them.
What will help you succeed in this role:
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g. scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Interest in or knowledge of elixir
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible hours
- Flexible location (have laptop, will travel)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual vacation stipend
- Fitness fund
- Commuter benefit
Job Type: Full-time